Personal Pizza

Saturday night was movie night. My sister and I decided to watch the same movie, Coraline, on the same weekend...only 7,600 miles apart. The afternoon was so beautiful that I took the puppies to the Riverwalk and returned home starving and craving pizza. I found several easy pizza dough recipes on-line that were basically the same. I used these as a basis and crossed my fingers. On top I threw a plum tomato, some veggies, cheese, salt, pepper, and a little olive oil. The pizza went in a 500 degree F oven for twenty minutes. It came out piping hot and delish. It was perfect for movie night.



Pizza Dough


1/2 cup flour
1 ounce yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup hot water


  1. Combine flour, yeast, sugar, and salt in a bowl and whisk.
  2. Add hot water gradually until the flour comes together.
  3. Stir in oil.
  4. Knead for five to ten minutes until the dough becomes elastic.
  5. Cover and put in a warm place for 20-30 minutes until the dough doubles in size.
  6. Shape and top. Cook 20 minutes at 500 degrees F.

The pizza was a decent size for one (I was stuffed). The movie was cool visually. I'm curious now to read the book it's based on. It seemed to have a lot of messages, some conflicting. The point that you can't judge things on face value was obvious. But there also seemed to be a theme about accepting things, even when they are obviously not ideal. This sounds like a mirror image in itself, but it quite subtly restricting.

But not so my personal pizza. It was whatever I wanted at the moment, which really is a great thing about cooking.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Homemade pizza rocks! Your pizza looks great!