Homemade Granola

I can eat bags and bags of granola and feel like I'm not eating a thing. It's weird - and dangerous. I've tried before to make my own granola, but I failed miserably by burning the whole thing and having to dump it in the trash can. This time I somehow managed to get it right, and ration it out for many breakfasts. Oh, happy day.

Granola

2 cups old-fashioned oats
1/4 cup agave
2 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp peanut butter
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup cranberries
1/8 tsp fine sea salt
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cinnamon

  1. Melt butter. Add peanut butter while hot and stir to mix. The peanut butter will melt into the butter.
  2. Next add agave and vanilla to butter mixture.
  3. In a separate bowl, mix other ingredients.
  4. Add the liquid to the dry and mix until well combined.
  5. Spread the mixture in one layer on a baking sheet sprayed or coated with oil.
  6. Bake on 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds good! I've made a few granola recipes but haven't tried it with agave syrup yet.