Oh Wow Raw Oatmeal

I've been trying to watch what I eat lately, trying to get my waistline back in shape. A couple of years ago, I did the raw food diet for a couple of months and lost some poundage. So I pulled out Ani Phyo's Raw Food Kitchen. Some of her breakfast recipes use oat groats. I found oat groats in the bulk section of Whole Foods. I got about 2 cups and rinsed and soaked them overnight. The groats then go into a food processor with add-ins. I plopped in almonds, wheat germ, cinnamon, ginger, and agave. Whirl and add water or milk to desired consistency. If you use regular milk like I did, it's not raw anymore. There are plenty of milk subs or water will work.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm on vacation in Denmark now, and every morning I have a bowl of muesli--raw oats, nuts, dried fruit and yogurt...so yummy! I feel like I'm having a treat for breakfast.

Katrina said...

So this is probably a dumb question, but since they're raw, you then eat them cold, right? I'm seriously asking because I don't know but sometimes have found interest in learning more about eating raw foods. And I love oatmeal, but am not sure I'd enjoy it cold.

Amber Marie said...

Hi Katrina! That's not a dumb question! Believe me, some of the raw recipes make me think a little! :) I did eat it cold, but you could eat it at room temp too. Heated makes it non-raw.