twd ~ Peanut Butter Crisscrosses



Jasmine, of Jasmine Cuisine, chose PB Crisscrosses. I made them this weekend with my mom, who was up visiting for my birthday. It's quite appropriate she helped because I remember a similar pb cookie being the one she baked the most. It also had the forked crisscrosses on the top, and was a little chewier than Dorie's.



I omitted the chopped peanuts because I don't like them in cookies. I did use chunky pb, and natural at that, which Dorie says not to. They tasted good though. They didn't take the full baking time, and the first pan was burnt. The second one was just right - still a light brown. Lovely for munching on with a cup of strong hot tea!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look great! I liked these a lot.

Rachel said...

I used natural pb too and I still thought they were great! Yours look yummy!

Jasmine said...

Your cookies look perfect! I'm glad to know natural pb works well in these, I guess I'll give it a try next time. Thanks for baking with me this week!

Katrina said...

I would have used natural pb if I hadn't been out. I've found it works fine, the cookies just aren't as sweet.
I added chocolate to mine. Fun for you to have your mom visit.

Tia said...

I usuaully use whatever PB I have on hand, natural or not :) Yours look good!

Beth said...

Those cookies look great!