farmstead 303

For everyone in Atlanta and NYC, if you haven't met Scoutmob, you need an immediate introduction to the mustached world of fabulous deals at yummy local eateries. It speaks to the cheap skate in my soul and has totally spoiled me rotten. Good food at 50% off, no mess, no hassles, no strings attached.

Okay, so now that that's out...last night I feasted at Farmstead 303 in Decatur. It's in the old train depot and I was pleasantly surprised to find that it's not country kitsch in the least...more country chic. Lovely wooden tables and chairs, and a large patio adorned with autumn squash resting amid the little urban flower beds. The food was enough for many more people, and all of it fresh. The veggies were mostly vegetarian friendly (yay!) - even the black eyed peas! - and as farm to table as possible. My mom and I captured the last bit of warmer weather out on the patio. We had a wonderful sample platter - pimento cheese, jalepeno hushpuppies, homemade pickles, spiced pecans, cauliflower, deviled eggs - all sorts of good things. We also split the veggie plate which was great. We'll have to go back for the bread pudding. We were just too stuffed!



This jumbled picture is what was left and boxed up, and is now sitting in my frig waiting to be my dinner tonight.

No comments: