twd ~ Corniest Corn Muffins

March has sprung it's madness already.
Fights breaking out outside my office building just when I'm sneaking out for a mid-day coffee.
Unfriendly people suddenly becoming friendly.
Friendly people becoming stressed and jumpy.
It's all very strange.

Which is kind of what happened with these muffins. I made them at the end of February, and tasted one as soon as it was cool. Delicious! Especially with a little butter and honey slathered on. But a couple of days later, when March rolled in, I bit into a muffin to discover that the kernels had morphed from crunchy yellow spots to hard, chewy blots. Now I know a muffin two days old isn't going to taste as good. I was expecting that, but these had done something funny with the kernels.

So I just put more butter and more honey on them and noshed away.



I love corny things, and used stoneground meal and frozen corn kernels. Somehow I ended up with lopsided tops.



Thanks to Jill of My Next Life for a great pick this week!

6 comments:

Tia said...

slathering on honey sounds GREAT!
Buttercreambarbie

Elizabeth said...

Butter, honey and biscuts, perfect comfort food!

Leslie said...

I can't think of anything better with cornbread than butter and honey! Even though yours were lopsided I bet they were delicious!

Flourchild said...

Looks corny..ha ha:)! Im glad you enjoyed the recipe! Great idea to add some butter and honey..the only way to eat them!

Cakelaw said...

Clivia mentioned that would happen, so I took them into work quick smart. They were good on day 1 though.

Hindy said...

Is it wrong that I'm happy for your disaster? I didn't want to be the only one with nasty kernals. Glad you found a way to enjoy them!