Vegetarian Sausage Mango Mix

I love fake meats. I know some people find them very strange and they are a bit interesting. What exactly allows them to be so chewy? Even though I love them, I very rarely buy them. It's more of a treat but I recently was tempted by dog-like links begging for a spring-time grill and bought some Tofurky Italian Sausages. These things are ridiculously good. I can eat them straight out of the package (but of course don't, ahem).

What I did do with them was to add them as the star ingredient in a mish mash stir fry. I had just returned from the farmers' market with some lovely fresh produce so I combined mango, spinash, soy bean sprouts, onions, and the sausage. Over a tortilla is was quick and perfect!   


Saute half an onion
Add one Tofurky Italian Sausage, cut in pieces
When these are cooked, add one mango chopped and a couple of handfuls of fresh spinach leaves
Let cook until the mango is warm but still holding together and the spinach has begun to wilt
Add salt, pepper, cayenne. I also added Bragg's Liquid Amino.
It's ready!

No comments: