Tomato Sauced Tempeh


I'm a sucker for sales. Anytime there is a bargain I want to grab it, which is what happened when tempeh went on sale for half off at my local Kroger. I had no idea what to do with it, but it ended up being so good I had to stop myself from eating the whole pan.

Tempeh
One package tempeh, cut in cubes
One jar of tomato sauce

Put tempeh and sauce in a pan over medium heat. Cover and cook at least fifteen minutes or until the sauce is thicker and the tempeh cooked.

I served it with broccoli, snap peas, and carrots that were stir-fried with Bragg's Amino, salt, and pepper over a bed of Israeli couscous.  

This ended up being just the thing for the weird, cold Spring weather we're having in Georgia. It was warm and the tempeh is hearty, while the couscous and vegetables are light.


No comments: