Vegan Pumpkin Muffins


I'm not sure which I like more - the cats or the muffins. It seems every Ross, Marshalls, and TJ Maxx have these little boxes of cupcake decorations. When I first saw them, I thought it was a fantastic idea and made my own out of scrapbook paper and toothpicks. They are cute, but not quite as this set of cats that a dear friend gave me. This is definitely the kind of thing best shared so I waited until my mom and sister were visiting to use them for pumpkin muffins.

Pumpkin Muffins
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (I used a whole-wheat blend)
3/4 cups sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground or freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup pureed pumpkin
1/2 cup soy milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoons molasses
1) Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices. 
2) In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, soy milk, oil, and molasses. 
3) Add wet ingredients to dry and mix.
4) Pour into muffin pan, either papered or greased. Bake at 400°F for 18 to 20 minutes until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.




No comments: