WHITE BEAN & ROASTED RED PEPPER DIP IN CUCUMBER CUPS

After returning from the once weekly local produce stand, I was in the mood to dish up something from the kitchen. I'd seen a yummy looking White Bean Roasted Red Pepper Dip on Smitten Kitchen, and thought it would be perfect to smear on sandwiches, dip into with carrots, and have hanging out in the frig all week. Plus, I'm going to a wine and cheese get together next Friday so this will be perfect pulled out of the freezer in a few days. So I modified Smitten's recipe.





WHITE BEAN & ROASTED RED PEPPER DIP

1 15-ounce can of white cannelini beans
1 red pepper, roasted
3 ounces cream cheese
half a lemon
salt & pepper (black and cayenne) to taste


Blend all in a food processor until smooth.



The hardest thing about this recipe is cleaning the food processor afterwards. It's a lovely orange color that hints at fall, even in September in Miami. I roasted the red pepper on the stove eye, perfect for those that have gas stoves. I let it get all black and then easily scraped off the skin.








For the cucumber cups, I simply cut a cucumber into sections and scraped out the seeds, leaving a bottom bit to make a cup and scooped in the dip. Simply delicious and hit an interesting combo of light and cheesey.





No comments: