Tuesdays With Dorie: TWOFER PIE

Twofer Pie is the perfect reminder that two is better than one, sometimes.


First, a description. Twofer Pie is a double decker combination of two fall favorites: pumpkin on the bottom, pecan on the top. While being quite good, it won't replace pecan pie as my favorite Thanksgiving treat nor satisfy my hunger for pumpkin pie after the Tofurky and gravy. It looks neat with the pecan filling stacked on top of the pumpkin pie in a sort of split level cohabitation arrangement that all seems very 1970's to me. While it may be economical in the way that you get two for one, neither pie filling is strong enough to be really fantastic. This would be great to take to a holiday party though, where its novelty would be bonus points. I liked it best room temperature, the day after it was made.


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

3 comments:

Engineer Baker said...

Hehe - 1970's pie :) Looks tasty.

vibi said...

Thank you so much Amber Marie, for participating with me this week!
I'm sorry you didn't like it so much... but I hope you still enjoyed making it!
A very happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Leslie said...

I think you're on to something...my fave is pecan too, though your twofer looks delicious!