Tuesdays with Dorie: TALL & CREAMY CHEESECAKE


This post would not be made possible without the help of my Mom. Who graciously turned the oven off and propped the door open as I ran around stuffing Christmas presents into my carry-on bag, who patiently waited for the cheesecake to cool in the refrigerator while I caught my flight back to Miami, who wrangled the sides of the springfoam pan off without mishap, who showed self-restraint in digging in to take pictures for my blog. For all this and more, thanks Mom! I owe you...one big cheesecake with coconut and almonds and chocolate crust...enjoy! (And please, one more thing, freeze me a piece to try.)

So now to the cheesecake! Creamy on a chocolate graham cracker crust with lots of cinnamon, a pinch of salt, a shake of ginger, and a sprinkle of nutmeg. Dreamy with coconut and chopped almonds baked inside. Brown with a...brown? is the cheesecake top supposed to be brown? that brown? or was I suppose to move the rack down?




5 comments:

AmyRuth said...

I think it looks beautiful .... hope you got a smidge. I read in some of the comments that the sour cream makes a whiter cheesecake rather than heavy cream. Honestly, dunno?
AmyRuth

Anonymous said...

Hey Hun!

The Cheesecake looks good! And I see you finally got your new background up on your blog. Looks great as usual!! :)

Anonymous said...

You cheesecake looks heavenly! How wonderful that your Mom helped you out! Happy 2009!!!!

Anonymous said...

So delicious--just the right amount of almonds and coconut for an unexpected surprise! Of course I saved you some in the freezer. :)

Melissa said...

No wonder I only heard about this by reading your blog! Loupie would want to keep in quiet that she ate a WHOLE CHEESECAKE!