Happy St. Patty's Day EASY PEASY PASTA

Happy St. Patty's Day!
This past weekend I happened upon "pasta with personality." ??? A marketing line by the pasta company that was totally un-needed. I was already suckered in by the tiny shamrock shapes of the green and white pasta by the time my mind registered any words. As someone who doesn't eat meat (except seafood), I typically don't like my food to register any personality at all.
To add to the festivities of the day, I wanted to make a pasta salad that has crept into my mom's cooking reportoire as a simple, fast, satisfying dish.

EASY PEASY PASTA
1 package mini penne pasta, or other of similar size and texture
1 package frozen green peas
mayonaise or soynaise
spices: salt, black pepper, cayenne

  1. Boil salted water. Add pasta and cook until al dente, adding the peas about three mintues before its done.
  2. Drain the pasta and let cool about ten minutes.
  3. Add mayonaise/soynaise. The amount largely depends on taste. I usually put in about half a cup.
  4. Add spices and stir. Can be served immediately, but best if served cold.

This can easily be dressed up. I like to throw in a can of tuna. I also added two tablespoons of Green Goddess salad dressing, which was great. This is the type of thing that I can eat on all night and never get tired of.

Discoveries:
  • Sometimes I do like my food to have personality.
  • Simple is a great way to celebrate.

No comments: