TwD: PARISIAN APPLE TARTLET

Thanks to Jessica of My Baking Heart for picking the Parisian Apple Tartlet. This recipe is ultra-easy, and just as yummy! Check out Jessica's blog for the recipe.
Dorie's inspiration for this tartlet is from the Parisian bakeries, and the individual sweets people exit carrying and munching. I'm mentally filing it for any showers or teas in the future. I used Pepperridge Farm puff pastry and am already planning to try out mini tartlets with pears, peaches, and plums. The apples were great though I think I overloaded the pastry. Before baking, the apple pieces made a flower shape that fell apart in the oven so that afterward it looked more like a mini replica of Stone Henge. Edible historic sites...I'm sure there's a blog out there somewhere for it.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha edible historic sites - that's a good one :) Your tartlets look wonderful no matter what shape the apples took!

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Thanks so much for baking along with me this week! I love your mini Stonehenges! :)

Anonymous said...

I love your 'edible historic site' Parisian Apple Tartlets, they look soo cute! I'll have to try Pepperidge Farm puff pastry next time because yours puffed up nicely!

Cakelaw said...

Your tarts look great. LOL - edible Stone Henge - a new tourist business, I think!

Megan said...

Ha ha - Stone Henge. I love it!