twd: Coco-Nana Bread



A big thanks to Steph of Obsessed with Baking for this week's pick. I know it caused quite a divergence of opinion among the twd bakers, but let me just say - chocolate & banana is an AWESOME combination!

This cake was delicious. I wouldn't mind it having a stronger banana taste. Although Dorie considers this a breakfast loaf, it's total dessert for me. Of course, that didn't stop me from eating it for breakfast.

I made half a recipe which made two mini loaves and 4 cupcake rounds. It was surprisingly satisfying.

10 comments:

Flourchild said...

Im glad you liked the bread. YOur pans are darling. I added some extra goodies to my bread!

Susan said...

Glad to hear you liked this one. I love your red and green mini loaf pans!

Teanna said...

For some reason, my banana flavor was REALLY strong! But your breads look great!

Anonymous said...

These look delicious! I skipped this one, but I'm not against chocolate + bananas - it sounds great.

Paula said...

I agree. This was dessert for me too. Like your mini-loaves.

Mimi said...

Your mini loaves are so cute. It so nice when you can justify having dessert at breakfast.
Mimi

Katrina said...

I totally thought this could use more banana, too! I just thought this was a little dry, but I love banana everything!

mike said...

REALLY like those pans - very cool! Glad you enjoyed it - it was fun making it. I needed more banana flavor -but it was still delicious!

Pamela said...

Perfect for any time of the day here. We enjoyed this one, too! Love those colorful pans.

Joyce said...

I can eat dessert for breakfast any time so I think that Dorie has the right idea with this one:)
Joyce