Mahi Mahi and Oven-Baked Potatoes

The other night my mom was passing through, and stopped by for dinner. As soon as I got off work, I rushed to the farmer's market and picked out some Mahi Mahi. I had to psyche myself up to go in among all the raw fish on ice and smells.

I have no idea how to pick out fish so I just tried to point to pieces that had more vibrant color...as if a dead fish could be vibrant...but at least the less gray pieces. Yikes.

I gave it a dry rub of cumin, chili powder, salt, and black pepper, doused it with olive oil, and stuck it (skin-side down) in a 375 degree oven for about half an hour.

Keeping it company, was a pan of sliced potatoes, sweet potatoes, and onions, also doused with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper. The potatoes mix cooked for about forty five minutes. Add steamed broccoli with lemon and dinner was served.

It was actually a really easy dinner to throw together, and the fish was worth the trouble and the fish market smells! Seafood is the only meat I eat (I'm a pescatarian) and I rarely do so, and always at restaurants. I'm going to try to eat fish once a month to get my omegas and heart healthy stuff so being able to pick and prepare it will be crucial. I feel like I have started to cross a barrier. Yay - it's a good feeling.

No comments: