twd ~ White Chocolate Brownies...with Blueberries

I think this one is a little bit of a misnomer. You say brownies and I think dense little squares, or dense big rectangles, of chewy chocolate, be it dark, milk, or white. But this, this is a nice little to-do, similar to a yogurt cake.

It has ground almonds and blueberries. The original recipe calls for raspberries and meringue. I can't stand meringue and I love blueberries. And I wasn't the only one. My mom, whom I was visiting for the long weekend, felt the same way, so we made the appropriate changes.

This was a nice ending to all the heavy Memorial Day cook-out food. After snithcing on it around midnight, I was too tired to properly store it, so I left it in the pan and popped it in the microwave for safe keeping. And there it stayed. I was in the car halfway back to Atlanta when I remembered. My sweet mom took pictures and texted them to me. Of course, I can't figure out how to upload them so the pictures will have to wait a little while. But at least my mom will get to enjoy the rest of the brownies for her trouble. Thanks Mom!

And also, a big thanks to Marthe of Culinary Delights for picking this week.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I love blueberries. This was a fun recipe.

Marthe said...

The blueberries were sooo good in these!! Thanks for baking with me this week!

chocolatechic said...

I changed mine up too.

I didn't add any fruit or meringue.

Anonymous said...

Blueberries sound good, but you're right - these weren't very brownie-like.