twd ~ Chewy Chunky Blondies

So I admit it, I can be an emotional eater.

This week, I returned from a fabulous trip to NYC and DC behind on sleep by about 250,098 hours. Even though the trip was for work, I had lots to catch up on in the office. Add on top my lady time (or whatever euphenism you favor) and I was craving something sugary, sweet, and chocolately. You can imagine how happy I was for this week's twd pick!



These blondies are essentially a bar chocolate-chip cookie with add-ins. Yes, they are as good as they sound. Mine came out more crisp than chewy. I did half the recipe and bake half of that, freezing the other half. On Saturday, I took my cat to the vet and found out he needs $2000 worth of dental work! Ouch. For him and me. He's a precious kitty I got from a no-kill shelter about five months ago, and is FIV+. But after that news, a little blondie for me and a little milk for him was in perfect order.

Thanks to Nicole of Cookies on Friday for the wonderful pick!

7 comments:

Hindy said...

I spent thousands on dental work for all three of my cats last month. What can you do?!
Eat some blondies and try not to worry.

Katrina said...

Ahh, hope everything is taken care of with the kitty.
Goodies always to the rescue!

Valerie Gamine said...

Your poor cat! I know how fast vet costs can pile up (I'm still in debt to Care Credit.) But our pets are family.

On a lighter note, I'm glad these blondies made you feel better. They look perfect! :)

Pamela said...

Hope these fantastic blondies helped to ease some of your stresses. Hope the cat feels better!

Tia said...

aww... sorry to hear that... I hope everything works out OK. your blondies look wonderful! tia @ buttercreambarbie

Nicole said...

I hope your kitty is ok! I'm glad the blondies helped a little. Thanks for baking with me this week.

Susan said...

My dog and my cat are my second kids...I hope all turns out well. Have another blondie. :)