Onion and Mushroom White Pizza

The other day I stopped by Smitten Kitchen, and saw her pizza with onion, bacon, and cream. It put homemade pizza in my mind. My plan was to use store bought pizza dough because it's easier and I was already hungry on my way home tonight. When I didn't find any there, I decided to wing it.

I combined white flour and whole wheat flour (two heaping serving spoons of each), added a pinch of salt and a half-spoonful of baking powder (aw, my precise measurements) and combined. Then I added water until it came together in a dough. I kneaded it a few times, rolled it out, and put it on the pan to rest.

Then I combined equal amounts of ricotta cheese and...ahem...french onion dip. The original recipe calls for sour cream, which I didn't have. Then I added salt and pepper and stired until nice and creamy. This mixture gets spread onto the dough.



Next, I sauteed one small onion, two cloves of garlic, and some portabella mushroom slices in olive oil until the onions caramelized. These get placed on top of the cheesy mixture. Then the pizza goes in a 400 degree oven for 12-15 minutes. This was very good with a glass of Malbec! Enough for two, but of course I finished off most of it myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awesome pizza.

Flourchild said...

Yum..I love dishes like this! What a great looking pizza!! I love to try different things on my pizza, this one is something I know I would love!!