SunO Dessert



I first heard about SunO from Scoutmob. I'll skip over how much I love Scoutmob, and say that the write-up intrigued me. Shaved ice made from condensed milk...what? I don't know about ya'll, but it sounded very good to me!

Turns out, SunO is on my way home from work, now that my office moved in mid-December. I pass it everyday! Tonight, even though Atlanta has had more than it's fair share of snow and freezing temps this week, I was craving a frozen treat - ice cream, froyo, the real tangy frozen yogurt...something. So I decided to stop at SunO and give it a try.

At first, I was a little overwhelmed with all the pretty menu choices: wheel pies, crepes, custards, bubble teas, powders, caramels, syrups, red beans - the list goes on of all the things to mix and match to make your own creation. It being way too cold outside, I wasn't too surprised to be the only one there, but I didn't want to stand and stare blankly at the menu too long. I sampled the mango, which was a little odd to me, but I know I can be picky with fruity dessert. So I went with the plain chocolate and it was great! The small was $1, and I had to ask the cashier twice "how much? really?" When has any good ice cream been a dollar? Wow. That makes it even more dangerous as a potential stop-off after work; it's good and it's cheap.

It's also very light and fluffy, which makes me feel like it's not as bad for me as regular ice cream. The consistency did take a second to get used to, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Next time, I might have to go for one of the fancy ones with cookie crumbles.

No comments: