Baked Pimento Cheese Dip

This weekend the entire family is at my mom's house to celebrate Mother's Day. My sister is down for a visit from NYC, so it's extra special that we can all get together. My mom used it as a reason to make this yummy dip. I'm keeping it in mind for any future pot lucks. The fact that we all liked it best at room temperature means I can make it ahead.



Baked Pimento Cheese Dip
from Southern Living

1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
1/2 (12-oz.) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
1/4 cups chopped green onions
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
1 (8-oz.) block extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 (8-oz.) block pepper Jack cheese, shredded

Served with pita and tortilla chips

1) Stir together first four ingredients in a large bowl. Add cheeses and stir.
2) Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish.
3) Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden and bubbly.

This is best eaten at room temperature.

No comments: