twd ~ Chocolate Biscotti



Thanks to Jacque of Daisy Lane Cakes for a wonderful pick this week!

I love biscotti. It's so nice to have a perfectly dippable sweet treat to accompany coffee or tea. It feels much more grown-up than cookies, and perhaps that's why I've never thought about making it. I tried once before, with mixed results. This recipe was great - almonds, chocolate chips, cocoa.

I only made two slight changes - it might be a record for me with a TWD! I halved the recipe, and I mixed the chocolate half bittersweet chips, half dark chocolate chunks.

The dough was very sticky and I had a little trouble shaping it into logs. The recipe says to bake for 20 mins or so, remove and cut into nice biscotti strips, and bake for another 10 mins or so. I think I baked it a little too long during the first baking round because I had trouble cutting it without making a crumbly mess.

One of the things I enjoyed most about this biscotti was the keeping factor. I went out of town unexpectedly because of a feline death in the family. When I came back last night, and pulled the biscotti out of the cabinet, it was just as good as last Monday when I made them!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Mmm, seeing your biscotti is making me hungry. Sorry about your kitty tragedy but I hope coming home to your delicious biscotti helped comfort you!

Nicole said...

My dough was super sticky too. I think this was the first biscotti I have made where I didn't have trouble with the cookies crumbling during baking.

Unknown said...

I love cookies that keep! Although these didn't last long. Yours look delicious.