twd ~ Peach Brown Sugar Plain Cake



This cake may not have turned out to be the prettiest, but what it lacks in looks, it makes up for in taste.

This week's TWD was chosen by Cindy of Everyday Insanity. The original reciped calls for blueberries; I subbed two peaches and cut the recipe in half. It ended up a little heavy on the peaches for it to stay together. One would have been plenty but I do love the moisture they added. I used barely ripe peaches to retain some of the tartness you get with berries.

I really enjoyed making this one tonight. Sometimes TWD sneaks up on me, and it can feel like one more thing hanging over me. It's been a stressful past couple of days trying to catch-up from being gone last week on a work trip. I love the work trips to New York because I get away and get to visit my sister, but it's coming back to the same old stressors and the work piled up that is daunting. Being able to turn on the radio, have a glass of wine, and bake up a delicious, simple cake really raised my spirits tonight. It made me remember what I first loved about baking.

7 comments:

tia said...

love the craggy look of yours!

Pamela said...

Peaches sound delicious in this cake. Great idea.

Cindy said...

Peach looks like a great substitution! I agree, baking is a great stress reducer. Thanks for baking along with me this week. Have a great day.

alvarosa said...

I took blueberries, but thought about changing for mangos or peaches. Sounds like a good choice!

TeaLady said...

I love the idea of adding peaches instead. Definitely have to try your version.

Unknown said...

Ah, baking therapy...this cake is perfect for that. And peaches sound so good with the caramelly brown sugar.

Mary said...

Peach sounds like a great idea--I'll have to try that when they are in season here.