twd ~ Sour Cream Chocolate Cake Cookies


Thanks to Spike of Spike Bakes for the wonderful pick this week! I was very happy to have something 1) chocolatey and 2) a cookie.


These disappeared way too quickly. I baked them on Wednesday for a gathering on Friday. When they came out of the oven, a guy I'm seeing was over, so he had to try them. Then a friend came over and we made dinner, so naturally we had one for dessert. Since she was going back to work, she needed to take a few. Three dozen down to two dozen.

Two dozen for a gathering of seven sounds fine. Within five mintues they were gone. The thing I didn't take into account was that this was a gathering of our organization's summer interns. College kids eat a lot, especially after running from the park to a bookstore to get away from thunderstorm that was dropping gallons. But the great thing about college kids: it didn't matter a bit and we were able to laugh it off and have a wonderful, wet time!

Since I'm not a big raisin and chocolate fan, I subbed chocolate chips. Everytime I bit into one, I thought it would be wonderful with icing or filling of some sort. This would be a great base for whoopie pies!

3 comments:

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

They're like potato chips... after one, you just can't stop! :)

Nicole said...

I filled mine with cinnamon filling and they are a lot like whoopie pies. I thought they were too plain without the filling.

spike. said...

Glad so many people got to try them! They are great with a filling too