Quinoa Salad

It's Sunday night. I just got home from my first swing dance lesson. It was a lot of fun. We learned the basic quick-quick-slow--slow steps. We switched partners throughout the class. It's amazing how much difference it makes when you're dancing with an experiened lead! I felt so cool with the instructors and totally lost with other students. I'm hoping to work up to the weekly group dances. Not yet, though. I need a little (a lot) more practice!


Since I was mostly taking small steps around, it wasn't too taxing. I realized that if I didn't make dinner, I wouldn't have leftovers for the week at work. I've already got dinner plans Monday and Tuesday with some girlfriends, so I want something filling but healthy and low calorie for lunch.


Quinoa is a great grain, especially for vegetarians, because it has protein. Enter something green and some spices and it's a meal.




Quinoa Salad


1 cup quinoa

sundried tomato strips


1 Tablespoon sunflower seeds

2 Tablespoons raisins
1 can 28 oz green beans

Caesar dressing (~1/2-1 Tablespoon)

salt and pepper to taste



Put dry quinoa, sundried tomatos, seeds, and raisins in a pan with 2 cups of water. Add salt. Bring to a boil and let cook about 20 minutes, or until the quinoa is done.

Add pepper and green beans. Stir. Add dressing and stir well.

Can be served hot or cold.

No comments: