Creamy Potato Soup


My stomach had a very rough few weeks. I loved the food in Nepal, but my stomach did know it was new. The 31 hours of travel home did nothing but fill me with mediocre plane food that, well, didn't want to leave. Returning to work, there was a nasty bug making the rounds that put me in bed from Friday until Sunday when I had to drag myself to the airport for another flight.

After all this, my stomach needed a little R&R. Sometimes your cravings are just what you need, which was true in this case. The only thing I thought I could eat was smooth, simple potato soup.

About 5 medium sized potatoes, peeled and cubed
4-5 cups vegetable stock, depending on how liquid your potatoes are
1 Tablespoon olive oil
salt
pepper
kale powder

Heat vegetable stock over medium heat. Add potatoes and cook until tender. Blend with an immersion blender, or in a standing blender in portions so it doesn't overflow. Add seasonings to taste. Sprinkle with kale powder when serving.

My sister made this kale powder by blending homemade kale chips until they turned into a powder. This stuff is great as a rice seasoning, in burritos, and on tops of sandwiches and soups. It's made its way into all sorts of stuff in the kitchen.  

No comments: