Homemade Deodorant

I have has issues with deodorant since I started wearing it. All during middle school, I would switch brands every time I bought it to prevent it causing me any problems. Usually, I would break out in a red rash under my arm, the lymph node there swolling, getting hot and painful. Definitely the pits.

In high school I avoided all invisible solids, all frangrances and found one that worked! Dove solid, the one with added lotion. Too bad they discontinued it.

I'm not the only one in my family with this problem. My sister also has trouble, though she has reactions to different kinds. She once brought me deoderant home from ireland that was a frangrance-free, roll-on Godsend! Too bad nivea doesn't make the same kinds in the US as Europe. I've been using natural, store bought stuff for at least a year and its okay. But the homemade works so much better for me! No reapplying during the day!

With all the aluminum and suspect ingredients in regular deodorant has caused people to start testing their own this one works for me:

1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup baking soda
Coconut oil to mix

I'm still mastering the art of applying it. I still sweat, but even on a beautiful, sunny today, its doing its thing and allowing my perfume to be a solo performer. Yay!

1 comment:

Pamela Early Settoon said...

http://www.kitchenstewardship.com/2009/08/27/effective-homemade-deodorant-my-baby-steps-story/

this might be helpful. i have not tried it but pland to do so.