Sweet Pepper & Hazelnut Pesto

In the midst of all this wintry mayhem, when a lovely day happens upon us, there is nothing else to do but get outside and enjoy it. That is exactly why I found myself browsing in and out of all the nearby shops. As if I needed an excuse to shop.

One of these shops is an Italian gourmet shop with all sorts of pestos and pastas and olive oils and balsamic vinegar and chocolate. I decided to treat myslef to a pesto to go with some yummy flatbread crackers I bought, picked one out (very difficult!) But then it happened, the waiting. And waiting, as the chatty group of tourists went crazy with the chocolate. And as I was waiting, I started thinking of the lovely weather, and I put the jar back and went outside.

When I got home, hungry, I wanted pesto! So I decided to make my own. I even impressed myself. I was expecting okay since I was playing around with the hazelnuts and peppers. It turned out so much better than okay. Oh happy day!

Sweet Pepper & Hazelnut Pesto
1 red bell pepper, chopped (about 1 1/4 cup)
1/4 cup whole hazelnuts
1/4 cupe olive oil (I used extra virgin)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground coriander
Pinch of cumin
Pinch of cayenne and black pepper to taste
Two large pinches of rosemary

Add all ingredients together in a blender or food processor. Grind and enjoy!

No comments: