NYC: La Esquina Taqueria

Whenever work sends me to New York, I get excited. It means a weekend vacation with my sister who lives there!

Yesterday, we ventured to SoHo to browse and shop. I love looking in the Pearl Market and getting some little cute gag gifts. Then we grabbed some tacos and plantains at la Esquina Taqueria on Kenmare Street. It was delicious and had great vegetarian options.



The top taco is Hongo y Espzote - the hominy in it was genius! It provided great texture with the sauce and a nice mellow flavor. The bottom taco is the Aguacate con Queso. Advocado + queso + black beans = my idea of a well-rounded taco.



We ate at the walk-up counter just inside, but they've recently opened a cafe side that was busy. Added bonus, the logo is a Mexican wrestling mask!

No comments: